Table of contents:
Video: Pour autumn concrete bowl yourself: Here's how
You don't have to buy beautiful deco for autumn. You can easily pour a concrete bowl with leaf decorations yourself. It beautifies the garden table on the terrace or shelves, sideboards and tables in the autumnally decorated home.
If you want to pour a concrete shell yourself, you need:
- Wrapping paper as a base
- Concrete (preferably lightning concrete or creative concrete)
- Edible oil
- Spatula and bowl for mixing the concrete
- measuring cup
- 2 bowls (one larger and one about 2 centimeters smaller for the inner shape, the underside of which must be smooth)
- fresh leaves with a distinctive structure
- double-sided adhesive tape (e.g. Eco Fixation from Tesa)
- tesamoll e-profile
These are the materials you need to cast the concrete shell.
How to pour the concrete shell:
1. Fix the surface of the leaf with double-sided tape from the outside to the bottom of the smaller bowl, which later gives the inner shape.
Attach the sheet with double-sided tape.
2. So that you can later easily remove the bowls from the concrete mold, coat them with cooking oil - the larger one from the inside, the smaller one from the outside. Brush the sheet too.
Brush the leaf with cooking oil.
3. Mix the concrete with water according to the package instructions. Then fill it into the larger bowl, because this defines the outer shape. Now immediately place the smaller bowl with the leaf in the center of the concrete mass and hold it until it starts to dry.
Place the smaller bowl in the middle of the concrete.
4. You can let go after 2 minutes. The concrete shell must now dry thoroughly. Then you can remove the finished work from the molds.
When the concrete has hardened, take the finished shell out of the mold.
5. To ensure that the decorative concrete shell does not leave scratches on sensitive table tops, stick it on the underside with a strip of rubber seal (e.g. E-profile).
With a rubber seal under the shell, you prevent the shell from slipping and leaving scratches.
Reading tip: You can also make a fire bowl made of concrete or a tealight holder made of concrete quickly and easily. It ensures cozy evenings on the balcony or terrace.