Table of contents:
Video: Autumn DIY: tinker garland from leaves in all colors
We take autumn leaves in all colors, paint white patterns on them, attach everything to a cord - and the decorative garland for the hallway, living room or kitchen is ready. A DIY tip from the category: “I can do that too”!
Is there anything more wonderful than walking through autumn forests with sturdy shoes or rubber boots, perhaps with children at hand? The leaves smell and shine in the most sensual colors, the air is ice cold and super fresh. We immediately feel like taking the leaves home with us. Do it! Because the next cloudy afternoon is sure to come. And then conjure up this pretty garland for your home. Or prepare your children a cozy afternoon of handicrafts.
You need it
- Fall leaves you like: choose different sizes, shapes and colors. The leaves should have a stem so that you can attach them well.
- a fixed cord or cord - you decide the length
- thin thread with which to attach the leaves or small, decorative staples
- white permanent marker
- a scissors.
It's that easy
Make sure the leaves have dried well.
- Use the pen to draw patterns on the leaves, the more different the more beautiful.
- Let the patterns dry well.
- Attach the stems of the leaves to the ribbon or cord with the thin twine or staples.
- Place the leaves on the cord at approximately equal intervals.
- Your autumn decoration is ready. You can now hang them up where you and your children like best.
Leave the freshly painted leaves to dry - avoid drafts if possible!
Popular by topic
Colors play an important role in the bedroom. In our guide, we have summarized the most important tips for color selection for you
Furnishing with earthy tones ensures harmony and cosiness. Let yourself be inspired by our ideas
Dispose of autumn leaves, recycle them, compost them: a lot of leaves accumulate in autumn. But where to put it? We show different options
A really autumnal craft idea: A decorative branch with leaves makes an eye-catcher in the vase
Delicate rosé is good for autumn leaves, we think - and decorate a branch with twigs with homemade leaves