Table of contents:
Video: DIY: Showcase hyacinths in a modern way
Hyacinths are among the most popular houseplants in winter. They exude a floral fragrance and delight us with a beautiful bloom. If you would like to design your home with hyacinths, there are various options. We will show you a variant that has an even greater advantage: put the hyacinth in a house with white interior walls, it grows straight up, so the flower stem does not bend towards the bright window. You can find out how to build such a house in the following article.
Let hayacinths float first
Hyacinths bloom in a wide variety of colors. They are available in blue, white, pink, violet, light yellow and apricot. If they are properly cultivated, they can reach a height of 15 to 30 centimeters. If you want to drive hyacinths in the apartment, you should take prepared onions - they have already been treated with the necessary cold stimulus and sprout immediately. The best time to start flowering bulbs is autumn. Appropriately prepared onions will be available in garden shops from October.
To drive, you can put the onions on glasses filled with boiled water. Both jam and normal water glasses are suitable here. It is important that the onion base itself does not come into contact with the water, otherwise it will rot easily. It takes about six to eight weeks to flower.
For the hyacinth house you need the following:
- a hyacinth in a copper pot
- a corrugated cardboard box
- Paper tape
- White watercolor
- A piece of copper foil (sheet metal)
- Spray adhesive
- box cutter
Cut out the walls for the house with the ruler and the carpet knife.
How to do it:
1. Cut out the walls for the house with a ruler and a carpet knife from the box: one back wall, two side walls, two sloping ceilings and two base plates. The dimensions are freely selectable, depending on how big the house should be. Cut a hole with the diameter of the hyacinth pot in the upper of the two base plates.
Glue all house parts together with the paper tape.
2. Glue all house parts together with the paper tape. Before doing this, you need to dampen the paper tape with a wet sponge.
Now coat the inside walls with the white paint and stick the film on after drying.
3. When the house is standing, the inside walls can be painted with the white paint. After a sufficient drying time, the copper foil is glued with the spray adhesive in the middle of the inner rear wall of the house. When everything is dry, the hyacinth can take its place in the house.