Table of contents:
2023 Author: Donald Evans | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 05:03
In the latest Technical Preview of Windows 10 you can already try the assistant Cortana from your computer The problem is that it is only available for users in the United States and in English in theory. But we can enable it in other countries like Spain with a small trick
Despite this Cortana only speaks English for the moment on Windows 10. Soon the next operating system from Microsoft is expected to finally is fully adapted to Spanish. In the meantime we can test Cortana without problems by changing our location.
Cortana will work in English and customize everything as if we were in the United States, so its operation will only serve to test it as it won't be particularly useful.
How to enable Cortana in Windows 10 from other countries
- Press Start and enter Settings
- We enter the options of “Time & language”
- In the menu on the left we go to“Region & language”
- We changed our location to “United States” from “Country or region”
- Equally in the “Languages” section we will have to set “English (United States)” as the primary language. To do this we select it and mark “Set as primary”.
- We will now have the possibility to enable Cortana
- Click on the new Windows 10 search bar
- The search is displayed, and we will have a menu, we click on it and then on "Settings"
-Now in the options we will have the possibility to enable Cortana without problems. We went from off to on.
- We already have Cortana enabled. We will need to have a Microsoft/Outlook account connected for this to work.