Table of contents:
2023 Author: Donald Evans | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-27 23:51
If you ever have the misfortune of losing your mobile or, on the contrary, someone steals it, you should know what to do with your phone data. One of those applications that you should pay attention to is WhatsApp and therefore you should know what to do with WhatsApp if your phone is stolen.
Theft of a mobile phone should always be a cause for concern and obviously the first thing you should do is report it and also notify your operatorto deactivate the SIM card to avoid greater evils.
What you should do with WhatsApp
If you have already done the above, it will be impossible to verify the WhatsApp account on that phone because the card is already blocked and therefore not You will not receive SMS or call to receive the code you need to continue configuring WhatsApp.
In any case, it is possible to reactivate your WhatsApp with a new SIM card and with the same phone number that you previously had on the stolen phone on a new phone. Here is the key and it is that with the activation on the new smartphone, you will have definitely deactivated WhatsApp on the lost or stolen phone even if you have the same number.
Anyway if you can't access a SIM card soon and put it in a new phone to activate WhatsApp you can send an email to WhatsApp itselfindicating the following:
1. Write an email to the address [email protected] and write in the subject of the message: "Stolen/lost phone: Please deactivate my account" and in the body your telephone number in international format, that is, as in the following example: +34xxxxxxx
With this you can rest assured that WhatsApp will deactivate your account even if you already have your SIM locked because the application will try to do this process through the Wi-Fi connection.
More information on deactivated accounts
You should know several important things about deactivated accounts. If you find yourself in this case, you should take into account that:
- Your account has not been deleted even though it is disabled.
- Your contacts can send you messages and they will become pending for up to 30 days.
- When you reactivate your WhatsApp you will not recover the chat messages as they are stored on the device that you have lost or stolen.
- If you reactivate your account without it being deleted, you will be able to recover pending messages sent by your friends.
- If you do not reactivate your WhatsApp account in less than 30 days, it will be automatically deleted.
Did you know this method to deactivate your WhatsApp account?