Table of contents:
2023 Author: Donald Evans | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-27 23:51
The truth is that Avast is a good antivirus, but no program is without its flaws, especially one that integrates at such a deep level with the operating system. Now we are going to tell you how to solve the constant restarts that Avast Antivirus causes on some computers with Windows 10, and that they represent a real problem.
Of course, the bug does not affect all users of Avast Antivirus and Windows 10, but it is best to have a solution. The symptoms are a blue error screen, and then a continuous reboot The computer cannot be accessed, even using Windows 10 safe mode. So you have to repair the system to avoid having to reinstall it from scratch.
Now, solving the constant reboots generated by Avast Antivirus is simple and fast if we know what we are doing. There is no need to format the computer, just delete the Windows 10 folder in which Avast Antivirus is stored. Only with that will we exit the reboot loop automatically.
Avast Antivirus and Windows 10, avoid reboots step by step
The process of fixing the constant reboots caused by Avast Antivirus is based on delete the program folder If you have another operating system on the computer is very simple, or if you are an advanced user, but we are going to explain it so that everyone can get it:
- You need a Windows 10 installation drive, either on DVD or USB. If you don't have it, you can create it from any Windows computer with the official Microsoft tool, you just have to follow our simple tutorial.
- Now you have to start the computer from the USB/DVD It is usually done with the F10, F11 or F12 keys, but it depends on the brand. It is likely that when the computer starts up, it will be indicated on the screen for a moment, otherwise you should consult the manufacturer's website.
- In the menu that appears, choose your language and click on " Repair your computer" instead of "Install now".
- Now choose " Solve problem" and then enter " Advanced Options ". There go to "Command Prompt " to be able to enter commands.
- You must type the following: del “C:\Program Files\Avast Software\” Even if Windows was installed on a drive with another letter, you have to replace it. Confirm the deletion of the Avast Antivirus folder in Windows 10.
- Now restart your PC, and you should be able to access Windows. If not, it might be best to use the Windows recovery drive you just created to reinstall, something where you shouldn't lose any files.
So now you know how to fix the constant reboots caused by Avast AntivirusIf you have suffered this error, the ideal thing to do is to choose a different antivirus, to avoid reproducing the problem. Of course, these types of errors represent a serious nuisance, but you can see that they can be easily fixed if we know how.
What do you think of Avast Antivirus restarts with Windows 10? Have you experienced them, or does the program work perfectly for you?