Table of contents:
2023 Author: Donald Evans | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-27 23:51
Twitter modifies the order of the timeline to show us the best tweets at the beginning. The new feature is already available for users of the social network, although it is not activated by default.
Of course, there are many users who do not want to show the best tweets first on Twitter and they probably want to disable this functionality. As we said, by default, it is not active, so if we want to have it we will have to activate it.
Here we explain how to activate the best Tweets first.
- We open the web version of Twitter and access with our username
- Click on our profile photo in the top bar to open the menu and go to “Settings”
- In the first screen that opens, we go to the Content section and activate the option “Show me the best Tweets first"
Click the button "Save changes"
-After this It will ask us for our password to save the changes
And from now on Twitter will be able to change the order of tweets, thus showing the best tweets first. In this way, it will show those that it considers relevant and most popular on our timeline.
Turn on "best tweets first" on mobile
Another possibility is to configure this option directly in the Twitter mobile app. To do this we perform the following steps:
- Open the Twitter app
- Click on the menu and access “Settings”
- In the account that we want to configure "the best first tweets" we go to "Chronology"
- We activate the option “ Show me the best Tweets first”
And that's it, we will have configured the option both in the web version and in the app . Settings are synced account-wide, so setting it up once in the app or on the web will suffice.
In any case, if we are not convinced by the new Twitter feature we can deactivate it at any time and return to the traditional chronological order for tweets.