Table of contents:
2023 Author: Donald Evans | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-27 23:51
When we find ourselves with a specific problem in Windows, it doesn't come from knowing the general version we have, but we have to specify a lot more. Now we are going to tell you how to see the installed build of Windows 10, which tells us exactly what operating system we have.
And, as Windows 10 is updated, the old builds will become increasingly obsolete. Builds are expressed as five digits, and usually start with a 10, at least so far.
They clarify with total accuracy which version of the system we have installed, and that is sometimes important. Considering that the Pentagon is still using Windows 95 to this day, we have to make sure we stay up to date. So let's discover three methods to see installed build of Windows 10:
Using the command prompt
- You have to tap on the search box/Cortana and type " cmd". Press enter to run the Windows 10 command console:
- Now the version of Windows 10 appears in the black window (command prompt). The build number corresponds to the last 5 digits, in this case, 10586:
Using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- You must type a command in the search/Cortana bar, specifically " dxdiag", which will again open a system program:
- You will see the DirectX diagnostic tool, with a lot of interesting information about your personal computer, including the installed build of Windows 10:
By means of explorer.exe
- You need to go to your system drive (usually it will be C:) and enter the folder " Windows". There look for the file " explorer" and click on it with the right mouse button to enter "Properties":
- Now you have to choose the tab " Details", and the last five digits of the product version will be the build of Windows 10 that you have installed:
So now you know how to see the installed build of Windows 10, a very simple process, but it can waste time if we don't know where to look. As always in these cases, the more updated Windows 10 is, the better for our security. And it is that delaying the new builds only exposes us to threats and system errors, such as ransomware, a type of threat that has come to paralyze hospitals and even block the doors of a hotel.
What do you think of this tutorial? Did you already know how to see the installed build of Windows 10, or did you find it useful to know these tricks?