Table of contents:
- What can a smart display do?
- Lenovo Smart Display Specifications
- Lenovo Smart Display, price and availability
2023 Author: Donald Evans | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 05:03
Voice assistants have jumped from smartphones to our homes, and now the Lenovo Smart Display is launched in Spain, a device that offers the capabilities of a speaker with Google Assistant and adds a display to expand your benefits.
If at first simple speakers like the Google Home Mini or the Amazon Echo were the protagonists, smart screens like the Lenovo Smart Display have been gaining relevance due to their ability to display video or perform the control from the touch panel.
Lenovo Smart Display launches in versions with 8-inch HD display and with FHD display 10-inch speaker, in both cases mounting a 10-inch speaker The chip used is from Qualcomm, which has created its own platform for smart home devices.
What can a smart display do?
One of the details of the Amazon Echo Show review that we liked least was that the use of the screen is scarce, almost everything is managed using Alexa voice commands.
The Lenovo Smart Display offers more actions available for touch control, as Google Assistant has been better adapted. Among the smart display capabilities are the following:
- Weather information, news, sports, traffic and meetings.
- Videos on YouTube, directions on Google Maps, or video calls on Google Duo.
- Compatible home automation control (light bulbs, heating, bells, alarms, vacuum cleaners…)
- Cooking recipes with "step by step" on the screen.
- Alarms, timers, unit conversion, shopping lists…
- General knowledge questions and translation of words.
- Digital photo frame.
Really, the possibilities are many more, we have already reviewed the Google Home commands, which also apply to the Lenovo Smart Display that now arrives in Spain.
An interesting detail at the design level is that the smart screen can be placed horizontally or vertically For example, a video of a cooking recipe on YouTube will look better landscape, but when making a video call we will prefer to change the orientation.
Since privacy is always a concern, the Lenovo Smart Display has been fitted with a physical switch that disables the microphone and webcam.
Lenovo Smart Display Specifications
Although on a smart screen the data sheet is not as important an aspect as the versatility of the voice assistant, it is clear that it is Sufficient hardware is necessary for a good experience. In the case of the Lenovo Smart Display, the features are complete:
- Display: 10-inch FHD or 8-inch HD touchscreen with IPS panel.
- Microphones: 4 diffuse field microphones (up to 5 meters).
- Speakers: 2-inch driver (10 W, full range) + 2 tweeters.
- Webcam: 5 MP with off switch.
- Chip: Qualcomm SDA 624 SoC.
- Connectivity: WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 LE.
Lenovo Smart Display, price and availability
The Lenovo Smart Display will be available in Spain from June 27, 2019, both in physical and online stores. These are the prices and finishes of the smart screen:
- 10 inches (bamboo color) for 239, 99 euros.
- 8 inches (Soft Grey) for 179, $99.
Regarding the finishes, the front is very similar in both models, white with a black frame. Change only the back, which has been designed to integrate well with the elements of the decoration.
The arrival of the Lenovo Smart Display in Spain is good news, because this smart display with Google Assistant represents an interesting alternative to the new Nest Hub and Amazon Echo Show 5, its competitors in a segment that during 2019 will definitely settle in our homes.
What do you think of the Lenovo Smart Display? Does the smart display concept convince you, or do you think a speaker with voice assistant is enough?