Table of contents:
As with any service, errors can occur, and this is what sometimes happens with PayPal It is in those moments when you need open a dispute or claim Failures can occur due to a service drop, having paid more, not having received the money transfer, or not receiving what was we have paid, etc.
PayPal is one of the most reliable means of payment that we can enjoy today, and it is good for making transactions with friends, and even to pay something quickly on the Internet if we don't want to take out the card, but sometimes it generates problems, as we have commented.
Making a claim is not always an easy process, and from now on we anticipate that we are going to need certain information from our PayPal account such as password, email, telephone number and perhaps bank information. It already depends on the type of claim or dispute that is opened.
Differences between dispute and claim in PayPal
In order to open one of the two options, we must know that a dispute is more focused on the relationship between vendors and customers. However, the claim protects all those who make up PayPal.
To be more precise in our definition, we must add that in a dispute we have 180 days, after the transaction date, to open a dispute in case the product does not correspond to the description, or we have not received it.
It will be in this case, and from the PayPal resolution center where we must request a refund, a return, a repetition of the shipment, etc.
If the dispute is not resolved, that's when it's time to make a claim. This is a more serious procedure, since PayPal is directly involved here.
Contact PayPal, step by step
First of all, we recommend doing this on a computer. To do this, we enter the PayPal website and log in:
- Once inside our personal panel, we scroll down and click on "Contact".
- Of all the options, we look for the one that addresses our problem, for example, "Opinion and formal claims".
- Within this section, a new menu appears with other sections. Here we must click on the one that is closest to what we are looking for. For example, we want to file a claim, so click on "Complaint about a transaction".
- Now, we scroll and choose the option "Send an email". In fact, it is the option that they recommend directly from PayPal.
- The form opens to fill in the email. In it, we can attach files, in addition, we will also need the identifier of the process that we want to claim.
- We fill out the entire form (we avoid raising the tone, being rude, insulting, disrespecting, etc.) and click on "Send email" Then they automatically take us to the messages section. There we can see the messages we have received and those we have sent.
When we finish the process, don't forget to log out of PayPal, even if it's our personal computer and we only use it, but for security reasons it's better not to leave sessions open anywhere.
Unfortunately, PayPal's response to a dispute or claim is not automatic or quick The resolution in both situations can be a few days or extend to several weeks, it depends on the complexity of each case. In addition, it is a personalized communication, no robotic messages, so you have to be patient and keep your manners.
Have you ever claimed with PayPal? Does the PayPal platform give you confidence or does it not give you any security? Do you think PayPal should be more widespread as a means of payment?