Table of contents:
- Rewind or fast forward a YouTube web video
- Move through the playback line of a YouTube video in the mobile app
It may seem very simple, and it is true, but the interesting thing about this tutorial is that there are various ways to rewind and fast forward a YouTube videoWe are going to explain all these forms along the lines that make up this article, some will have an example capture, and others will not.
But be that as it may, we are going to fully enter the subject by dividing it into two cases, the web version and the app. YouTube is much more used on mobile phones than on the web, but even so we want to explain both situations well.
Rewind or fast forward a YouTube web video
We open YouTube from the browser, we put any video and to rewind, that is, go backwards, or forward, we have 2 ways:
- Move around the playback bar, either with your finger or stylus on touch screens, or with your mouse.
- Use the keyboard arrow keys. Specifically the right key (forward), and the left key (go backward). The up and down arrows are to increase and decrease the volume of the YouTube video.
These two options work both when the video is full screen and when it is normal (when comments appear, suggestions on the right edge, likes, etc.)
Move through the playback line of a YouTube video in the mobile app
We leave the computer and pick up our mobile. We open the YouTube app, choose any video and play it. To be able to go forward or backward in the playback line we have two options:
- Move the red pointer with your finger.
- Double tap on the left (rewind) or right (forward)side of the video. The more times we play, the faster it will rewind or go forward.
Both options work with both portrait and full screen video, and are available on both Android and iOS.
And that's how simple we can rewind or fast forward a video on YouTube, both on mobile phones and on PCs or tablets, whether It depends if it is the web version or the official YouTube app.