In the Instagram Stories the filter "I dare you to…" is beginning to go viral, which shows a sign on our face where various actions appear, until finally a chosen one comes out, which we have to carry out.
This type of effect has become quite popular, for example, the filter with a test assigned to us by a Harry Potter character on Instagram. They all work in a similar way, a sign on the forehead shows several options, and at the end it assigns us one.
In the case of the "I challenge you to…" filter, it is added that the challenges or "challenges" (in English) always attract attention on social networks In this case, they are all simple and can be done in the same Story: make your ugliest face, growl very loudly, burp, tell a secret, imitate an animal…
In case we don't have it very clear, let's see the appearance of the "I dare you to…" filter that we talked about:
We are going to learn how to use the effect, since Instagram does not have a search system that allows you to locate it easily, and it is necessary to know where to look.
These are the steps to create Stories with the "I dare you to…" sign:
- The easiest thing would be to find a contact that uses the filter, in that Story we will go to the upper left area and click on the text " Hey! I dare you to… from neosoda":
- A filter menu will open, click on "Try" to open it with the camera:
- Now the Instagram camera will start with the filter activated, we must keep the central button pressed to record:
- Although taking a photo is possible, the idea is to record a video showing what challenge they assign us and do it, either by mentioning our "crush", sing a song or another test. In principle, "I challenge you to…" has been designed to record vertically, but if we rotate the phone slowly it also works horizontally.
- If none of our Instagram contacts have the filter in their Stories, you can obtain it from the profile of @neosoda, its creator, through the following link:
- In @neosoda's profile we look for the filters tab, with an icon of a smiley face:
And we look there for the "I dare you to…" effect, which is also displayed on the thumbnail:
- Now we will see an example Story with the filter, just click on the button "Try" in the lower left corner to use us:
In this way we can create Stories with the challenges, which are random, which allows us to record a new video if the first test that we don't like it.
This type of Instagram filter, based on "what animal do you look like" is becoming very popular, and it seems that for a season we will see more variants on different themes.
The new "I dare you to…" filter is more fun because it gives us a simple challenge, and I'm sure other creators will fixed on the idea to make versions with other types of more daring demands.
What do you think of this trend? Are you going to try uploading Stories with "I dare you to…" on Instagram?