Table of contents:
The summer holidays are approaching for many and others are already enjoying them. August is usually the month of summer holidays and it is when almost everyone has their days off.
Because many people take their vacations it is always good to follow some advice about everything to preserve our information. That is why today we are going to give you 5 tips for saving your personal information this summer.
Recommendations for this summer
- Avoid carrying extra cards in your wallet: If you use a lot of credit cards or have cards that you hardly ever use, it is highly recommended Only take what you need this summer.
This will save you later scares in case your wallet is stolen. Take your ID, social security card and the occasional credit card with you.
- Install anti-theft applications on your phone: We are sure that wherever you go you will take your smartphone with you even if you go on vacation. With these days off you can forget about your phone more easily and that is why you should have an anti-theft application installed on your phone.
We are talking about applications of the type Cerberus, Google Device Manager or similar that will allow you to better secure your smartphone in the event of that they steal it from you this vacation and at least be able to block confidential information, delete data and many more things.
- Do not connect to public Wi-Fi networks: Over the years, more and more areas have a Wi-Fi connection -Fi free. Supermarkets, outdoor leisure areas, restaurants, beach areas and many more places have free wireless connection to which you can access the internet.
You should know that public Wi-Fi is not entirely secure since information about us can be obtained from other people. For this reason, we recommend avoiding them unless strictly necessary.
Take advantage of your data connection and if you run out of megabytes, investigate what your operator offers you; In this summer there are several operators who take advantage of these times to launch interesting bonuses for extra data at good prices.
- Keep copies of your information: This point is quite important since many people do not do it and it will be very useful in the future if you have any problem. It is highly recommended to make periodic backups of the information that we have on our tablet or smartphone.
Make a copy of your mobile devices at least weekly to preserve all your information in another more secure place, such as a hard drive at home that we have for these uses.
- Avoid using public computers: It is highly recommended that you avoid using public computers, such as when accessing the Internet from a cyber computer.
We say this above all when you need it to consult confidential information, such as bank accounts, access your mail, etc. The use of passwords, bank details and more on a computer of this type is not highly recommended.