Table of contents:
Amazon Prime is a subscription service with multiple benefits for buyers of the Amazon online store. It is a subscription that renews automatically unless you avoid the renewal, and that is precisely what we are going to teach you to do in a simple way.
In case you don't know, Amazon Prime subscription has an automatic renewal activated every time it expires. This means that your bank will charge you the corresponding subscription for the chosen subscription (monthly or yearly) without your having to intervene, so that you continue enjoying what this program offers.
However, it is possible to avoid the renewal of Amazon Prime and even set a notice days before so you don't forget to do it, This way you will not be charged the amount and you will avoid unnecessary spending if you had planned not to take advantage of the service for longer.
To prevent your Amazon Prime subscription from renewing on the scheduled date, open the Amazon website and log in with your username and password. Once done, follow these simple steps:
- In the upper black bar, click on the “My Prime” tab.
- Now go down the entire page until you reach the end of it, you must look for the option called “ manage my Prime subscription” and click on it to access.
- Immediately you will enter the Amazon Prime section, from where you can remove the automatic renewal, something that you can do through the option “do not continue, give up the benefits of Amazon Prime” that you will find in one of the columns on the left side of your screen, specifically in the section “ manage subscription”.
- In the new screen, Amazon warns you what you will lose if you avoid the renewal of Amazon Prime, but since we are interested in removing it, ignore this message and a little further down press the yellow button that says "finish my benefits".
- Click the yellow button again “ end my subscription”.
- Finally, all you have to do is click on “ cancel and give up my benefits” and you will have removed the renewal.
Until the scheduled date you will be able to continue enjoying Amazon Prime as before, except that from that day the renewal will not be made service, so you will not be charged the corresponding fee.
How to activate the Amazon Prime reminder
It is possible to activate a reminder of when the Amazon Prime renewal is going to take place automatically so that it notifies you 3 days before that action, something very important if you do not want to continue paying the Amazon program. To enable the reminder follow these steps:
- Access the Amazon website, log in with your data (username and password) and click on the “My Prime” tab, option of the top bar in black. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “manage my Prime subscription ”.
- Now click on the option “notify me before my next payment” that you will find in the left column. When you press it, the reminder will automatically be activated and you will see a message informing you of the date on which Amazon will send you an email notifying you that the Amazon Prime subscription is about to expire.
The reminder can be turned off if you don't want Amazon to remind you, but it would be important to keep it off if you're forgetful and want to be reminded. You should know that this reminder is compatible whether you have a monthly or annual subscription or the 30-day free trial, that is, in any case, they will always send you a notice 3 days before by email.