Table of contents:
It is clear that we must protect the programs or apps that we use the most, such as Instagram, with a strong password since nowadays anyone can be hacked, although there are even more secure ways. That's why today we're going to show you how to activate two-step verification on Instagram
It is very easy to activate this option that will give us greater security to our Instagram account so that we are a little calmer in case someone tries to steal our account.
The first thing we must do is install an application that allows us to verify in two steps, such as Google Authenticator, which we consider to be the one that works for me, although in the Google and Apple stores there are more than do the same thing.
These steps are the same whether we use Android or iOS, since it works for both operating systems. They are very simple and easy steps.
- The first thing we have to do is go to the “ Settings ” section of Instagram, enteringour profile and clicking on the three horizontal lines at the top right.
- Once there, go to “ Security”.
- Next, click on “ Two-step authentication”.
- Once inside we can click on “ Start”.
- Now we must mark the option “ Application authentication ” and then click on “ Next”.
- Now it tells us to remember to save the password for Instagram (below it puts our username), click on “ Accept” and then we get the password.
- Once we have copied it, before the time elapses (beware that the password may have been changed) we go back and we return to Instagram.
- Then click on “ Next ” and enter the code that we copied.
At that moment we already have two-step verification activated, so when Instagram detects a login from a device that is not ours, it will ask us for an authentication code.
At that moment you open Google Authenticator, write the code that shows you and that's it. It is that simple to be more secure with our Instagram account.