Table of contents:
OnePlus' turn to present its phones for this year has come, the OnePlus 8 is one of them and brings advanced technical features, where we find a screen with a 90 Hz refresh rate, the Snapdragon 865 processor and a battery with great autonomy.
There are certain more details that are quite attractive, but we will detail them later. The design of this OnePlus 8 is not far from the OnePlus 7, although we do find small details that do allow us to differentiate them perfectly.
On the one hand, the OnePlus 8 now features a punched panel at the top left, which is the new location of the front camera, so the notch disappears completely. But that's not all, because the screen now ends in soft edges, something that we detailed in the review of this OnePlus 8.
That on the front, if we look at the back of the device we find a camera with one more sensor, in addition to the corresponding OnePlus logo a little further down. Of course, this terminal does not lack the classic Alert Slider side button.
OnePlus 8, technical details
We are now going to focus on the most technical part, so we are going to summarize the technical characteristics of the OnePlus 8 for the purpose that you know it in detail:
- Display: 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED with a resolution of 1,080 x 2,400 pixels (FullHD+).
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865.
- RAM memory: 8/12 GB.
- Internal storage: 128/256 GB.
- Rear camera: 48 MP f/1.75 + 16 MP, f/2.2 + 2 MP f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP f/2.0.
- Connectivity: 4G, 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, etc.
- Ports and sensors: USB Type C 3.1, fingerprint sensor under the screen, face unlock sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, sensor proximity sensor and compass.
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with 30W fast charging.
- Operating system: Android 10 + OxygenOS 10.5.1 customization layer.
What is clear is that the OnePlus 8 offers a huge screen with a fairly high resolution. Also, you should know that it has a refresh rate of 90 Hz and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, as well as being compatible with HDR10+ technology.
Power is not lacking in the OnePlus 8 with the presence of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor along with high numbers of RAM memory, where we find a 8 GB version and 12 GB version, accompanied by a non-expandable internal space of 128 or 256 GB, respectively.
The camera system is one of the improvements of this new mobile, now we have one more sensor, so we finally found a triple camerawith a resolution of 48 MP (main sensor) + 16 MP (ultra wide angle) + 2 MP (macro sensor), with its respective LED flash.
The OnePlus 8 comes prepared for 5G connectivity, but you can only benefit from it if you contract a rate with 5G speed and only in some cities of Spain. Nor is there a lack of 4G, WiFi 6, NFC and other common types of connectivity.
As for the operating system, there are no changes in this regard, the phone makes use of Android 10 under the well-known OxygenOS customization layer, a fairly fluid layer, with virtually no bloatware and a very good user experience.
Finally, we have to mention that its 4,300 mAh battery has super-fast charging at 30 W capable of being fully charged in little more than 1 hour.
The OnePlus 8 goes on sale in Spain on April 21 in various colors (Glacial Green, Interstellar Glow and Onyx Black), with the exception of one of them that can be purchased from May 4 (OnePlus 8 12 GB/256 GB Interstellar Glow). These are the prices:
- OnePlus 8 8 GB/128 GB Onyx Black: 709 €.
- OnePlus 8 8 GB/128 GB Glacial Green: 709 €.
- OnePlus 8 12 GB/256 GB Glacial Green: 809 €.
- OnePlus 8 12GB/256GB Interstellar Glow: €809.