Table of contents:
The Taiwanese firm makes no secret of the objective of its next ultra-light laptop. The ASUS ZenBook 3 wants to be better than Apple's 12-inch MacBook. For starters, it's thinner (11.9mm vs. 13.1mm) and lighter (910g vs. 920g). So the race to slim down laptops doesn't seem to stop.
The ASUS ZenBook 3 opts for Intel Core processors, 40% more powerful than its rival. The truth is that the 12-inch Macbook disappointed in performance when it was introduced, so this improvement is key. SSD storage is also faster, and ASUS ZenBook 3 adds a fingerprint reader to take advantage of Windows 10 security features.
The weak point of the ASUS ZenBook 3 is its single USB Type-C port, which must be shared to charge the laptop and connect peripherals. A comfortable keyboard has been created considering the thinness of the device, with a travel of 0.8 millimeters, and the speakers belong to Harman Kardon. We must mention the good design in aluminum, with blue, rose gold and silver colors.
ASUS ZenBook 3 Specifications
Although we don't know the screen resolution, the ASUS ZenBook 3 data sheet makes it clear that it is a high-end device high. We go over the most important details to give you an idea of what you can expect:
- Screen: 12.5-inch, protected by Gorilla Glass 4.
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or Core i5.
- RAM memory: 4 GB or 16 GB.
- Storage: 256 GB, 512 GB or 1 TB in SSD format.
- Connectivity: Single USB Type-C port for charging and data.
- Battery: 40 Wh (9 hours autonomy).
- Operating System: Windows 10.
ASUS ZenBook 3, settings
At the moment we do not know the prices of the ASUS Zenbook 3 for Spain, nor the date of availability in our country. However, the prices for the United States have been provided, which give us an idea of what to expect. Here they are:
- Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD Storage for $1,999.
- Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage for $1,499.
- Intel Core i5 with 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD Storage for $999.
MacBooks are rumored to be getting an update soon, so they'll be up against these new ASUS ZenBook 3. Of course, the ultraportable segment is becoming increasingly competitive, and that benefits consumers.
What do you think of the ASUS ZenBook 3? Are you interested in a small ultralight PC with Windows, or do you prefer the 12-inch Macbook?