Table of contents:
- Motorola Edge+, a safe bet with a 90 Hz screen and 108 MP
- Motorola Edge, more modest, but just as brave
- Motorola Edge and Edge+, price and availability
Motorola puts its batteries and fully enters the high-end range to compete with the largest and for this it presents 2 mobile phones called Motorola Edge and Edge+with a curved screen at 90 Hz and a camera with a 108 MP sensor.
It seems that curved screens are going to continue for another season, but let's not fool ourselves, the true protagonist of this presentation is the Motorola Edge+ and below we will understand why.
Motorola Edge+, a safe bet with a 90 Hz screen and 108 MP
This sub title perfectly summarizes what Motorola has intended with this presentation in which we have seen a premium terminal with all the current technology that overflows the curved edges of its screen.
- Screen: 6.7-inch curved on the sides with a refresh rate of 90 Hz and an FHD+ resolution and HDR10+ certified.
- Processor: Snapdragon 865.
- RAM memory: 12 GB.
- Internal storage: 256 GB.
- Rear camera: 4 cameras of 108 MP with 1.8 focal length (117º ultra-wide angle) + 16 MP with 2.2 focal length (telephoto and 3x optical zoom) + 8 MP with 2.4 focal length + ToF sensor.
- Front camera: embedded in 25 MP screen with 2.0 focal length.
- Connectivity: DualSIM, 5G, Bluetooth 5.1, LTE 4G, WiFi 6, GPS and NFC.
- Ports and sensors: headphone jack, fingerprint reader and USB C.
- Battery: 5170 mAh with 18W TurboPower fast charging and 15W wireless.
- Operating system: Android 10 with MyUX.
Without a doubt, this Motorola does live up to expectations when we try to idealize a high-end mobile today. We have to think that the Motorola Edge+ has to compete with 5 main rivals, which are the Samsung Galaxy S20+, Huawei P40 Pro, Oppo Find X2 Pro, OnePlus 8 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro.
As we can see, the competition is tough and not only that, but they already have a lot of experience in the market. Even so, the Motorola Edge+ comes with quite decent technical specifications such as its Snapdragon 865 processor, its 6.7-inch curved screen with a 90 Hz refresh rate.
A terminal that can rescue Motorola from the ashes of the mid-range where perhaps it had settled, and now it suddenly bursts in with a mobile that has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of ROM.
In the photographic section it would be interesting to put the Motorola Edge+ in the ring with its triple camera where the main sensor is 108 MP with the Huawei P40 Pro and the Galaxy S20+, for example.
Something that has caught our attention is that the Motorola Edge+ brings a headphone jack, something that was already being abandoned. As well as a hole on the screen for the selfie camera, a sign that we are saying goodbye to the notch little by little.
As for the battery, the Motorola Edge+ has 5170 mAh which is enough for a day and more if you have fast charging and wireless charging, although, like cameras, we should take a closer look and see how far we can stretch.
How could it be otherwise, we have Android 10 with My UX, running through the veins of this beautiful terminal that hits the market today.
Motorola Edge, more modest, but just as brave
With the previous model it has become clear who is going to get all the attention and attention, but just as it happens in other brands, even if it does not bear the surname Plus, Pro, Ultra, etc. does not mean that it is worse, on the contrary, since in many cases they tend to be the most balanced
- Screen: 6.7-inch curved, FHD+ resolution, HDR10+ and a 90Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Snapdragon 765G.
- RAM memory: 4 GB or 6 GB.
- Internal storage: 128 GB expandable via MicroSD.
- Rear camera: triple 64 MP with 1.8 focal length + 16 MP with 2.2 focal length (ultra-wide angle with Macro Vision) + 8 MP with 2.4 focal length (telephoto with 2x optical zoom).
- Front camera: 25 MP with 2.0 focal length.
- Connectivity: NFC, DualSIM, WiFi 6, 5G, Bluetooth 5.1, LTE 4G.
- Ports and sensors: USB C, headphone jack, slot for MicroSD and fingerprint reader.
- Battery: 4500 mAh with 18W TurboPower fast charging.
- Operating system: Android 10 MyUX.
The sub title that we have used to present the Motorola Edge sums it up perfectly, and that is that it is somewhat more modest than the Edge+ model but it is still quite a warrior since it has a screen of 6.7 inches with 90 Hz refresh rate.
Inside the terminal we have a Snapdragon 765G processor with 5G connectivity, 4 GB or 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of ROM expandable via MicroSD.
In the photographic section we see 3 sensors where the main one is 64 MP + 16 MP + 8 MP. But as we said before, the camera should be tested in different light conditions.
On the other hand, and dealing with such an important aspect, we have the battery. In this case, the normal Motorola Edge does not have wireless charging but it does have fast charging at 18 W for its 4500 mAh battery, which the company ensures 2 days of battery.
Both terminals have IP54 certificate, that is, it protects them from splashes and dust, as well as the fingerprint reader is implanted below the screen.
It is true that the company has indicated that the design and materials used to manufacture the exterior of these terminals are water repellent.
Motorola Edge and Edge+, price and availability
Before saying the price and the arrival of both to the European market, we are going to indicate the colors. The regular Motorola Edge will come in Solar Black and Midnight Magenta, while the Motorola Edge+ will be available in Smokey Sangria and Thunder Grey
Its starting price is at 699 € for the Motorola Edge and it will arrive in May. Regarding the Motorola Edge+, it arrives in May and its starting price is 1,199 €.