Table of contents:
- Redmi Note 9 Technical Specifications
- Redmi Note 9 Pro, technical specifications
- Redmi Note 9 and Note 9 Pro, price and availability
Arrived on April 30, 2020, and about to begin the de-escalation of the quarantine, Xiaomi presents the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 and Note 9 Pro, with specifications and a price that leave part of the current mid-range lying down.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 and Note 9 Pro arrive, perhaps, at one of the most anticipated moments, and that is that after Xiaomi presented a mobile that exceeds the €1,000 barrier, it was necessary return to the essence that characterizes the brand. Something that he already did with the Redmi Note 9S and that in general terms, he liked a lot.
Returning to the topic at hand today, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 and Note 9 Pro, bear a lot of resemblance to the terminal that we mentioned in the previous paragraph. The latter also continues Xiaomi's usual line of presenting mobile phones that are very similar to each other, since their intention is to adapt them to the needs of each user.
Redmi Note 9 Technical Specifications
As we anticipated in the title, it is a mid-range mobile, so the technical specifications are fair and necessary for an average user:
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD with FHD+ resolution.
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G85.
- RAM memory: 3 or 4 GB.
- Internal storage: 64 or 128 GB, expandable via MicroSD.
- Rear camera: 4 cameras with a 48 MP wide-angle main sensor with a focal length of 1.79 + 8 MP ultra-wide angle of 118º with a focal length of 2.2 + 2 MP macro between 2 cm and 10 cm + 2 MP for depth and blur.
- Front camera: 13 MP with 2.25 focal length and embedded in the screen.
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 6, DualSIM, GPS, NFC and Bluetooth 5.0.
- Ports and sensors: fingerprint reader on the back, slot for SIM and MicroSD, headphone jack and MicroUSB.
- Battery: 5,020 mAh with fast charging at 18 W.
- Operating system: Android 10 MIUI 11.
As we can see, it is a complete mobile and completely focused on the mid-range, especially due to the Mediatek Helio G85 processor, as well as the RAM and ROM options available to this terminal.
An important aspect of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 that is presented today is the rear camera module. Here are housed 4 cameras, where the main sensor is 48 MP and then followed by an 8 MP wide angle, a 2 MP macro lens and a sensor depth of 2 MP.
The selfie camera is embedded in the screen and has a 13 MP sensor, which is more than enough for a average quality in the photos. Although, well, we already know that more megapixels does not necessarily imply better results.
Regarding the Redmi Note 9 processor, we see that we have a Mediatek Helio G85. The use of a Snapdragon is preferable, given the performance, but this is like the eternal fight between the Intel Core and the AMD Ryzen.
What accompanies this Mediatek Helio G80, are 2 RAM options, which are 3 GB or 4 GB, going through the 6GB. And in the internal storage part, we also have 3 options: 64 or 128 GB of ROM (expandable via MicroSD).
As for the battery, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 has 5,020 mAh, which gives us more than enough autonomy to last a day to spare The latter can be truncated, in the case in which the software that supports energy consumption is not very well tuned, but still has fast charging at 18 W.
The fingerprint reader is located on the back and coupled, and camouflaged, with the camera module. In addition, the camera module is placed in that location to ensure that the terminal has a symmetrical design.
The latter is repeated in the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro model, which was already presented a few weeks ago, although today it was made official.
As an operating system we have Android 10 and the usual customization layer of Xiaomi mobiles, but in its (almost) latest version, ie MIUI 11.
Redmi Note 9 Pro, technical specifications
A superior terminal to the previous one in almost all technical aspects, but just in case, we are going to detail it well.
- Display: 6.67 inches with FullHD+ resolution.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G.
- RAM memory: 6 GB.
- Internal storage: 64 or 128 GB expandable up to 512 GB via MicroSD
- Rear camera: 4 cameras of 64 MP wide angle with focal length 1.89 + 8 MP ultra-wide angle of 119º with focal length 2.2 + 5 MP macro between 2 cm and 5 cm + 2 MP for depth and blur.
- Front camera: 16 MP.
- Connectivity: 4G, DualSIM, WiFi, NFC and Bluetooth 5.0.
- Ports and sensors: USB type C, headphone jack, slot for MicroSD and SIM and fingerprint reader on the side.
- Battery: 5,020 mAh with fast charging at 30 W.
- Operating system: Android 10 with MIUI 11.
A mobile phone that differs in power from the one described above since it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor, as well as two options of RAM and 2 other ROM options.
The camera is the main protagonist of this smartphone and has 4 sensors 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP, respectively, and a 16 MP camera embedded in the screen for selfies.
Regarding the battery of the Note 9 Pro, we have 5,020 mAh with fast charging at 30 W that promises 50% charge in 30 minutes.
The entire terminal is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 5, including the camera glass. The rear design is bright and symmetrical as we have already mentioned, and the colors are: Interstellar Grey, Glacier White and Tropical Green.
Redmi Note 9 and Note 9 Pro, price and availability
The new terminals of the Note 9 series have officially arrived since the middle of May and their recommended prices are quite competitive:
- Redmi Note 9 3GB RAM and 64GB ROM: $199.
- Redmi Note 9 4 GB RAM and 128 GB ROM: $249.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro 6 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM: $269.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro 6 GB RAM and 128 ROM: $299.