Table of contents:
- Design: screen with or without notch?
- Screens larger than 6 inches
- Similar in size and weight
- Different Qualcomm Processors
- Very similar main cameras
- Very comprehensive connectivity
- Battery, FM radio, operating system and others
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite or Poco F2 Pro?
Should I buy the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite or the Poco F2 Pro that has just been presented? Although both are from the same manufacturer, there are certain differences between them and we will indicate them to you in the following comparative so you can decide on one of the two.
With each detail that we compare you will realize that one of them is better than the other, in others you will notice that there are very few differences, but the decision of which one to choose will always depend on the user depending on their budget and the type of phone they are looking for.
We are not only talking about differences at the hardware level, they also exist in the design and that is that both the Poco F2 Pro and the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite also offer some differences in this area that can make the difference scale towards one or the other.
Design: screen with or without notch?
Although the notch is a design element that has been with us for many months now, there are still users who don't like it, which is why terminals are still being launched on the market, as is the case with the Little F2 Pro, without any item on the screen.
Indeed, one of the main differences between the two, at least on the screen, is the presence of a drop-shaped notch, which is what the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite has. The Poco F2 Pro does not have it, but instead it has the front camera hidden and it appears by an automatic mechanism when we open the front camera in the phone app.
Except for that aesthetic detail, the phones have a large panel with rather thin edges. It is true that the screen of the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 ends in a gentle curve on the sides, while that of the Poco F2 Pro is completely straight.
Screens larger than 6 inches
First of all, you should know that both phones have screens that are larger than 6 inches, so they are large devices. We leave you below the exact size of each one of them, the resolution and other information of interest:
- Poco F2 Pro: 6.67-inch Super AMOLED with a resolution of 1,080 x 2,400 pixels with 500 nits, 395 ppi, HDR10+ and occupying 87.2% of the front. It has a 20:9 format.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: 6.47-inch AMOLED with a resolution of 1,080 x 2,340 pixels with 430 nits, 398 ppi, HDR10 and occupying 87.8% of the front. It has a 19, 5:9 format.
The screens are almost the same in size, with the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite being slightly smaller due to the presence of a notch. Despite that, it occupies a larger area than the Poco F2 Pro, but is less bright (430 nits vs 500 nits).
The screen type is also different, the Poco F2 Pro opts for a Super AMOLED and the Mi Note 10 Lite has an AMOLED, both with Gorilla Glass 5. In general, we could say that the panel of the Poco F2 Pro is better than that of the Xiaomi, although by very little according to the data.
Similar in size and weight
And what about the size and weight of both terminals? Both the Poco F2 Pro and the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite exceed 200 grams, so they are not exactly light phones. There is a small difference between the two, these are the data:
- Poco F2 Pro: Weight 219 grams. Measures 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: Weight 204 grams. Measures 157.8 x 74.2 x 9.7mm.
The Mi Note 10 Lite is lighter and is also shorter and shorter than the Poco F2 Pro, although against it it has that it is thicker, something that possibly has a lot to do with the capacity of the battery that it equips and that we will see in a few sections later.
Different Qualcomm Processors
This is possibly one of the most noticeable differences between the Poco F2 Pro and the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite, the heart of each of them. They are stamped Qualcomm Snapdragon, but they are very different processors, making the former more powerful. First the data:
- Poco F2 Pro: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 8-core (1 x 2, 84 GHz Kryo 585 + 3 x 2, 42 GHz Kryo 585 + 4 x 1.80GHz Kryo 585).
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G 8-core (2 x 2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold + 6 x 1, 8GHz Kryo 470 Silver).
We see that the Poco F2 Pro has a more powerful processor, something that allows it to surpass the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 in this regard. But it is also that the GPU is also better, although in the RAM and storage configuration they are quite close:
- Poco F2 Pro: Adreno 650. 2 options to choose from (6 GB/128 GB and 8 GB/256 GB).
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: Adreno 618. 2 options to choose from (6 GB/64 GB and 8 GB/128 GB).
In both cases, the storage is not expandable, so you will have to choose very well. The Poco F2 Pro offers a more space mode than the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 in the most powerful version with the same RAM as the Xiaomi Mi Note 10.
Very similar main cameras
We move on to the most important multimedia element of both phones, that of the main cameras located on the rear section. Both the Poco F2 Pro and the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite offer a 4-sensor configuration with the following resolutions:
- Poco F2 Pro: 64 MP f/1.9 (wide angle) + 5 MP f/2.2 (macro telephoto) + 13 MP f/2.4 (ultra wide angle) + 2 MP f/2.4 (Depth sensor).
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: 64 MP f/1.9 (wide angle) + 8 MP f/2.2 (ultra wide angle) + 2 MP f/2.4 (macro sensor) + 5 MP f/2.4 (Depth sensor).
In the sensors we see some differences, so in this sense we could say that the Poco F2 Pro wins since some of its sensors are of higher resolution, although that does not mean that I take better photos, it is all a matter of optimizing the hardware.
In video recording, the first place goes to the Poco F2 Pro also because it is capable of recording in 8K resolution, these are the resolutions and fps at which each phone records:
- Poco F2 Pro: [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps and [email protected].
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps and [email protected].
What about the front camera? Here too the Poco F2 Pro is better because it has more resolution, although the concept is different. While in this the camera is motorized and hidden in the terminal, in the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite it is on the screen. These are its characteristics:
- Poco F2 Pro: 20 megapixels. Records at 1080p at 30 fps and at 720p at 120 fps.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: 16 megapixels. Record at 1080p and 30 fps.
Very comprehensive connectivity
The connectivity of both smartphones is very complete and almost nothing is missing, in any case, the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite would lack 5G connectivity, something that the Poco F2 Pro does have., we leave you what each one equips in this sense:
- Poco F2 Pro: LTE, 5G, GPRS, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac/ax, WiFi Direct, aGPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo, QZSS, NFC, Bluetooth 5.1.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: LTE, GPRS, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, aGPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0.
We see some shortcomings in terms of connectivity in the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite, such as 5G and an older version of Bluetooth, although that should be an impediment. In this sense, the Poco F2 Pro is also better than Xiaomi's Mi Note 10 Lite.
Battery, FM radio, operating system and others
Another point in favor of the Poco F2 Pro is the FM radio and its headphone jack, so you won't need the Internet to listen to it, just by connecting some headphones you could start listening to your favorite dial. This is something that the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite does not have.
Regarding the operating system, there are no differences because both have Android 10 with the MIUI 11 customization layer, they will surely also update in a future to the new MIUI 12.
As for the battery, we did find differences and the clue we gave at the beginning when we said that the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite had a thicker bodyshows us that indeed it seems to have to do with the capacity of the battery. These are the data:
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: 5,260 mAh with fast charging at 30 W.
- Poco F2 Pro: 4,700 mAh with 30 W fast charging.
They offer the same fast charging, although the battery of the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite is much larger, so that would mean that we would have greater autonomy with this phone. This is probably a very important point for users, so it is something to keep in mind.
Regarding sensors, the Poco F2 Pro has a greater number than the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite, although this would not be a section that many users may look at when buying one or another terminal. In any case, this is what each one has:
- Poco F2 Pro: On-screen fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity sensor, barometer, compass, infrared, etc.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: On-screen fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass, etc.
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite or Poco F2 Pro?
This is our comparison between the Poco F2 Pro and the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite and what is clear is that the Poco F2 Pro is a more powerful and complete terminal, with many aspects in which it surpasses the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite, although in some, such as the battery, it lags behind.
Anyway, we're talking about different ranges, so it's logical, so the price is also different. This is how they look:
- Poco F2 Pro: €549 (6 GB/128 GB) and €599 (8 GB/256 GB), although it is possible to find it cheaper.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite: 349, 99 € (6 GB/64 GB).
The big question is: which one should I buy? Well, it depends on many factors, design, features, cameras, battery capacity, price and so on.
If you're willing to wait until you can buy it in more stores, a good recommendation would be to go for the Poco F2 Pro, although If you don't want to spend a lot of money and want to have a good device, the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite is an option to take into account.