Table of contents:
The new Moto G Pro is Motorola's proposal to re-popularise smartphones with a pen touch screen included, which allow you to use the screen with greater precision, write notes and even draw easily.
We are talking about a mobile with 6.4-inch FHD+ screen, and a Snapdragon 665 processor at the helm, accompanied by4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage , expandable via Micro SD cards
The Moto G Pro can be a competitor for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 within the small number of mobiles that opt for a stylus (touch pen). Motorola's model is much simpler in its specifications, but also the price is considerably lower.
In the new Moto G Pro we find a triple rear camera, while the front one is located in a perforation in the upper left corner. The battery reaches 4,000 mAh, and at the software level it opts for Android 10.
Motorola continues to offer software very similar to the original Google, which thanks to being part of Android One updates faster.
Of course, it has always added small improvements, which are now reinforced with the integration of the pencil in the operating system (including the app Moto Note for notes) and with Moto Gametime, a system that avoids notifications while we play.
Moto G Pro specs
The Moto G Prodata sheet is mid-range, but with some unusual extras. Not just the stylus, we also have splash resistance and an interesting built-in action video camera. These are the details:
- Screen: 6.4 inches (2,300 x 1,080 p) occupying 89% of the front.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 8-core.
- RAM memory: 4 GB.
- Internal storage: 128 GB expandable with Micro SD.
- Rear camera: triple 48 MP (main) + 16 MP (action camera) + 2 MP (macro).
- Front camera: 4,000 mAh.
- Connectivity: 4G/LTE, WiFi 4 (ac), Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
- Ports and sensors: rear fingerprint reader, 3.5 mm jack and USB C.
- Extras: stylus and splash resistance
- Battery: 4,000 mAh, charging at 10 W.
- Operating system: Android 10.
Regarding the cameras, we have three rear sensors, each with a specific objective. This is what the Moto G Pro mounts at a photographic level:
- 48 MP f/1.7: The main camera, which uses Quad Pixel technology to join pixels in groups of four and capture More light.
- 16 MP f/2.2: a 117º wide angle action video camera
- 2 MP f/2.2: The macro sensor, for taking photos of objects as close as 2 cm.
In addition, a laser for autofocus is included on the back of the Moto G Pro. Regarding the selfie camera, the front sensor is 16 MP f/2.0, placed in a hole in the screen.
Moto G Pro, availability and price
The new Moto G Pro will be launched in June 2020, at a price of 329 euros in its only configuration of 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. It will be available in a color called Mystic Indigo, a gradient from navy blue to black.
With the manufacturer's return to premium mobiles thanks to the Motorola Edge+, it is good to see that it continues to bet on the mid-range with its usual approach of differentiating itself in a specific function, such as the touch pen in this case.
The Moto G Pro is interesting because of its stylus, which can be especially useful at the productivity level (emails, taking notes or make sketches). In a mid-range that is very competitive, but with models that hardly differ from each other, it is positive that Motorola follows a different path.