Table of contents:
Next we are going to explain how to record an exercise using the Xiaomi Mi Band, so that the workouts are saved and we can consult all your mobile details.
We have already made the comparison between the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 and the Mi Band 4, the two most recent models, and they all have common elements, such as their control app, despite the fact that external level are quite different.
Many people use Xiaomi fitness bracelets just to count the steps they walk every day, forgetting that they have a mode that records exercise(running, cycling and hiking, among others) with greater precision thanks to the heart rate monitor that they include, and the GPS of the mobile if we carry it with us.
If we have just bought the bracelet, we must first connect the Xiaomi Mi Band with the mobile, through the Mi Fit app (available on Android and iOS), which we will also need in some of the following steps.
Registration from the bracelet itself
The steps to record the exercise may change slightly depending on the version of the bracelet we have, but we are going to see an example with the Xiaomi Mi Band 3, one of the most popular models:
- We have to go to the training section, which will first show the option "Treadmill" and, sliding to the right, "Exercise":
- Now hold down the center button until monitoring starts, a message reminds us to adjust the bracelet.
- In the panel on the left it will indicate the time and the calories consumed, sliding to the right we will see thepulse and time :
- When the exercise is finished we must keep the central button pressed. First it will pause, and we can resume it by touching the screen, if we make a long press again it will end:
- Workout information will be recorded in the Mi Fit app for keeping a history.
The process is similar on the Xiaomi Mi Band 4, which has a larger color touch screen.
Regarding the Xiaomi Mi Band 2, its options to record exercise are not very complete, and the Notify & Fitness for Mi Band application can be a good alternative to improve them.
If we have the original Xiaomi Band, without any type of screen, we must directly opt for the Mi Fit application to do so, which we explain below.
Through the Mi Fit app
The Mi Fit application is also used to record exercise, and although it works independently using GPS and the sensors of the mobile, together with a Mi Band is more precise, and allows you to control the pulsations.
Of course, the optimal thing would be to wear the smartphone in a sports bracelet, because in a pocket it would be annoying when practicing sports. In any case, this is how we can record our activity:
- When opening the app we will see in the upper zone some physical activities, including "Walking", "Cycling" and "Running", which we will use for the example:
- We will see a map of our area (if we have not given access to the GPS, it will first ask us for permission), and a menu to which right will allow us to switch from running outdoors to a treadmill. Once adjusted, we will begin by clicking on "Go":
- Now on the mobile screen we will see the kilometers, the heart rate and the time of the exercise:
- At the bottom there is a button to pause or end the exercise, along with one for configuration and another that allows you to block the screen to prevent accidental touches:
- At the end it will show us a summary of the exercise, including time, calories burned and kilometers covered:
- Finally, if we want to also record the exercise in the Google Fit application we have to do it in this Mi Fit menu, from way to sync accounts:
Profile -> Add accounts -> Google Fit -> Add Google Fit
All versions of the Xiaomi Mi Band have offered good value for money, which is why they have become very popular. Some users only use it to measure the steps they walk per day and look at the time, but by recording the exercise we do we will get much more out of it.
There are many options to buy the cheap Xiaomi Mi Band 4, so it's easy to get a fitness bracelet to record the steps we take, the exercise we do, our sleep and other parameters.