Table of contents:
Chrome is probably the most used browser both on desktop and mobile. Therefore, we may be interested in knowing how to enable tab grouping in Chrome.
First of all we must emphasize that it is a function that is only available on Android and Windows mobiles. The grouping of tabs in Android It consists of visually changing the way in which the different tabs are organized in Chrome, in such a way that we will not see them in the form of a list, but we will have an almost complete preview of the page without having to access it.
However, in the desktop version, tab grouping is a form of organization through which we can organize certain tabs to different tasks.
How to enable tab grouping on Android
To activate the grouping of Google Chrome tabs, we must follow the following steps:
- Open the Google Chrome app on our Android mobile.
- We write in the top bar Chrome://flags.
- Click on the upper part where “ Search flags ” appears and enter “ Tab Groups”.
- In itself, the option will appear in “ Default ” but we must click on said option and mark the option “Disabled ”.
- Next, a message in English will appear at the bottom in which it basically shows us that in order to enjoy this function we must click on the button “ Relaunch” or close and reopen the app.
- If we see that we continue to see the organization of the different Chrome tabs in a classic way, we must go to the device settings.
- Click on the applications section.
- Select “ Chrome ” and click on the button “ Clear cache”.
Now, we will be able to have all the tabs in a more organized and simple way, although this function, as we say, for the moment Found only on Android, it's a feature that will end up coming to the version of Chrome for Windows, Linux, and Mac as well as the iPhone.
Without a doubt, it is a really useful organization method that corresponds to a more visual and comfortable option to view on your smartphone.
Turn on tab grouping in Chrome for desktop
The steps to follow on the computer are the same as in the mobile version of Chrome.
- We open Chrome and write in the top bar Chrome://flags.
- We are looking for the command " Tab Groups".
- As in the mobile version, the "Default" option will appear, but to be able to organize the different tabs, all we need to do is choose the "Disabled" option.
- Next, we must close and reopen the browser or press the button " Relunch " that will appear on the screen in blue to reopen Chrome with all the tabs open.
- On a visual level nothing has changed. To be able to use the grouping of tabs on the computer we must right-click on any of the tabs that we already have open.
- Afterwards, we will see more options than those that appeared before. Specifically, we must click on " Add to a new group" or "Add to a new existing group"if we have already created it.
In this way we can have on one side and all together those tabs that we are using while we work, and in another group located further away the right others for, for example, when we take a break.
The good thing about grouping tabs in Google Chrome is that it is fully customizable and we can create as many groups as we want and as many tabs as we want, in such a way that the organization of the browser tabs is to our liking.