You can now make video calls on WhatsApp using your computer with the same method that was leaked a few weeks ago, although now It's official and anyone who has the desktop versions of this app can now easily do it.
Until now video calls were only available on the WhatsApp mobile apps, they could not be made on WhatsApp Web or through of the desktop version of the app, but that just changed now because everyone already has them.
Making them is quite simple and its operation is the same as we already saw when the functionality was leaked a few days ago, WhatsApp video calls will be made through chat roomsof several people and the app will automatically redirect to Messenger.
Yes, as you can hear, WhatsApp also adopts the same functionality as other apps, they are the same chat rooms that can already be created on Facebook, Facebook Messenger and also on Instagram to offer the possibility of video calls on PC to all your users.
Whether you have WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp for the desktop, video calls would be made as follows:
- Open any of the mentioned applications and go to the main screen, the one where you can see the open conversations. Click on the icon that looks like three horizontal dots and from the menu choose “ create a room”.
- A window will open inviting you to go to Messenger to create the chat room, also welcoming you to the new functionality. Just click on “go to Messenger”.
- Next, a tab will open in your browser and you will have to login with your Facebook or Messenger email and password.
- Now click on “ create room as…”.
- Once the room has been created, all you have to do is click on “ enter as…” and the video call window will open.
- You will now have at your disposal the different controls (remove/activate camera, mute/activate microphone, etc.), to add participants you will have to click on the icon of the two people.
- Lastly, copy the link of the room that appears below and send it via WhatsApp to the people you want to be in the video calls so they can enter.
The truth is that the procedure is a bit cumbersome because the chat rooms to create the video calls appear empty and you have to send the link people to access. The easiest way would be to create a group in WhatsApp and open the video call directly from there, but this possibility is not available from WhatsApp for PC.