Table of contents:
Lowi already offers its customers 300 Mbps fiber optics, which means that their rates are reorganized to become more competitive. Of course, the 300 Mbps only reach those who contract them together with a mobile line.
Lowi reacts in this way to Pepephone's rise to 600 Mbps, since its 100 Mbps modalities were already falling short at a time when video calls and streaming video are used intensively.
Vodafone's low cost operator presents new commercial plans with 300 Mbps fiber, although it maintains 100 Mbps in the most economical ones. These are the four options he proposes:
- Fibre 300 Mbps + 25 GB mobile + unlimited calls for €44.95 per month.
- Fibre 300 Mbps + 12 GB mobile + unlimited calls for €39.95 per month.
- Fibra 100 Mbps + 20 GB mobile + unlimited calls for €34.95 per month.
- 100 Mbps fiber for €29.95 per month.
The new rates can be contracted both new and existing customers. Unfortunately, for those already at Lowi there isn't always an automatic upgrade, taking away the simplicity that is often one of the company's advantages.
Changes for current customers
All Lowi users can switch to the new rates, but some of the most current rates will apply certain automatic improvements, according to the following table:
- Fiber 100 Mbps + Mobile 12 GB goes up to 300 Mbps and lowers its price to €39.95 (savings of €2).
- Fibra 100 Mbps + Mobile 25 GB goes up to 300 Mbps at the same price of €44.95.
- Fibra 100 Mbps + 3 GB + unlimited calls goes up to 300 Mbps and 5 GB at the same price of €38.95.
- Fibra 100Mbps + 20 GB promotional price of €34.95 remains the same (300 Mbps optional for €5 more).
Lowi will send an email to inform of the changes and new possibilities. As usual, those who have received the speed boost will need to unplug the router from power for a few seconds for it to reboot and start running at 300 Mbps.
After the launch of unlimited data in Fusión de Movistar, the remainder of 2020 promises to be interesting in the Spanish telecommunications sector, and Lowi's move is an example.
The arrival of 300 Mbps to Lowi is good news, although 600 Mbps is gradually becoming popular, we are talking about a very high speed, and probably the average user will not get to take advantage of it if it is not in computers connected by Ethernet cable.