The contact cards in WhatsApp have evolved, previously, these digital cards that we shared were in charge of replacing those business cards delivered to our colleagues in an office meeting, but now it is no longer a simple contact shared within the messaging platform with a phone number and a name .
There are many alternatives for WhatsApp contact cards,especially if you use the business version of WhatsApp Business, where you can enter even even in an online catalog from the contact's profile, but they have also created digital contact cards, with links so you can access a person's data, but also their websites, email, social media profiles and more .
Share contact card on WhatsApp
You probably already know this, but it is a very basic task and it can be quite useful for you to be able to communicate with colleagues and friends. Contact cards in WhatsApp can be created directly in a mobile contact area .
The first thing you you should do is create a new contact in your notebook, there you add your name, you can place pseudonyms on a second line if you use one, you can also add mobile and local phone numbers, email address, web pages, office location and much more .
The advantage of creating your own contact to share on WhatsApp is that you can add up to a photo that will allow the person to associate you immediately if they don't remember your name, you can also put an address that can lead to a location on Google Maps or Apple Maps .
By storing that information on your phone, you can share it directly on WhatsApp. You will see that when selecting a contact, the messaging platform will allow you to select what data of that contact you want to share, if a specific telephone number, emails or you can select all the information and send it to the person .
As in WhatsApp there is no synchrony between the record that someone has of you and how you are identified on the platform, it is ideal that you put as much information as possible that allows this person stores your contact on their mobile correctly, since when saving it they will be identified as you have sent it, or as they have received it from someone else .
Use Link Tree to create contact cards
An alternative that is quite effective to be able to create a contact card that you can share on WhatsApp and any other platform is Link Tree, a platform that is in charge of unifying web page links, links to social networks, direct access to WhatsApp and in general to any other means of communication through which you wish to be contacted .
Its operation is quite simple, you can sign up with basic information and although it has a paid version, the free option can give you access to what you needwithout having to pay for it .
Here you can create a link to your WhatsApp number without providing the number previously, also create a link to send you an email email, you can take the person to your website, to any of your social media profiles and all of this concentrated in a mini site with links for the interested party to choose from that menu of alternatives .
The procedure to register and create the menu of your profile to share in Link Tree is quite simple:
- The first thing is that you must go to their website and register, for this you must choose a name, an email and a password .
- In the second step place the username that will be added to the Link Tree share link and then three keywords that define your profession .
- In the next step it is recommended confirm the email address and then access the mini-site editor .
- Here you can start by adding links, then you can go to the top tab called “Settings” and then you can scroll down to “Social links” to add your email address and social media profiles .
- After that you will see how the construction process of your mini site ends, for this the page has placed an image of a mobile on the right side that will show you the appearance of your profile within their platform .
- From now on, you can copy your profile link into the Link Tree located on the top right of the screen and share it with your contacts in WhatsApp, so they only have to click on it and they will have access to a whole menu with your information .
Tricks to create a contact card for WhatsApp
- In the case of creating a contact card with your native address book, try to include as much detail as possible,so the person can contact you in multiple ways, in addition to your messaging .
- Use the “File as” field if you are using Android,because that will allow the contact's name to be suggested to the person you send the card to .
- Avoid using free contact sharing applications, because most of them send an HTML file, but they don't allow automatic storage and can also Being exposed your personal information in some type of database that you have not authorized .
- If you use Link Tree, all you have to do is copy and paste a link and you will no longer have to send any attached contact in the conversation, so the You could also decide what information you want to save or use at the time .